
I haven't been following my rotation because I suddenly had the urge to knit a purse. I 'm not really a purse person but I want one or two. So I've been working on the
Isabeau Purse. I'm using a thinner yarn than recommended so I added an extra pattern repeat and knit more rows than the pattern had. I hope I have enough yarn to do the main piece. I probably will have to use another color for the sides and strap. The red thread is just a life line because I had to undo so many rows, so many times. I changed the bottom from seed stitch to stockinette because I thought that it would knit up faster as I wouldn't have to keep undoing stitches. I've been doing so much K2 P2, I'm sure I'd start doing it instead of K1 P1.

I was crocheting R's second snowflake when I noticed that the yarn was a bit darker and felt different but I thought that it just this bit of the yarn. I had done a few of the longer points and then happened to turn the snowflake over and the reason revealed itself. Some of my hair was being crocheted along with the yarn! (You can see it left of the uncrocheted yarn.) I don't know why it wasn't obvious from the front side. I had almost finished undoing it before I thought to take a picture.

H's socks are almost of equal length, so I'll have to wait until I hear what the finally length should be before continuing.
No comments:
Post a Comment