
I've had these two well worn 100% cotton tops in the cupboard and when I came across them a few weeks ago I wondered if I could combine them into a sleeveless dress that I could wear around the house this summer. I started by choosing the purple as the skirt part because an underarm was ripped. I just cut across below the tear and sewed it onto the bottom of the green top. Then I took the sleeves off the green and just doubled folded the edge before sewing them.

After I took the collar off I was left with a folded stripe of material sewn around the edge. I put the project away for awhile because I couldn't decide whether to leave it there and just sew the edges together because then all of the raw edges would be contained inside or take it off and double fold the edge and just sew it.

In the end I decided to leave it on and see how it feels that way. I can always take it off later. I haven't decided either about taking the button strip off or not. Of course now the weather has gotten cooler and I'm back to wearing shorts and a top but it's ready for warmer days!

My
Tour de
France project is coming along well. It's more of a stop, try on, knit, repeat kind of a piece but hopefully I won't have to undo it. I had my son try the glove on last night just before he went to sleep so I could knit in the morning before he woke up. Then I had to ask him to wait before leaving to his friend's so I could get to the first row after the gusset stitches were put on a piece of yarn. It seems to be long enough but I guess we won't know until the first two fingers are done and it will sit in its proper place.
2 comments:
What a great idea! I like it.
that is a great idea!
Post a Comment