Not much crafting getting done around here. The tree is up but I haven't remembered to put the crocheted decorations on it. It looks like there won't be 12 of them either!
A's Knitting
This knitting has come to a halt. As soon as he admitted to the person he was knitting them for that they wouldn't be ready for Christmas, he stopped knitting them. He cast on and started the ribbing but I'm not going to ask or remind him anymore about them.
My knitting
Well as you can see the hat is back down to before the decreases. I'm a bit stuck with the twisted purl stitches because I'll have to redo the ones on this last row and I'm not sure how to do that. If I undo this last row to redo then the twisted knit stitches will be mixed up. Sigh. I won't show my fair isle attempt. I'm thinking of undoing it and trying knitting inside out to see if it will help with the tension.
Honorable Mention
See this picture? Well you can also see it over at
The Panopticon. Franklin was having a look-alike contest for his cartoon (sorry Dolores) sheep and I entered this at the last minute. And it got an honorable mention.
Food

First we have Julie's
Peanut Butter Brownies. They were quite good and I'll make them again. Then we have A's meal for the weekend. It's the
Sweet Potato Gratin on the left side of the plate from Adventures in Vegetarian Living. Fortunately I suggested that A didn't put the amount of rosemary that was called for. He just put a sprinkle and I think if he or I make it again it should be left out. And cut way back on the amount of orange juice. It was more like a soup. But it was a nice change.
No comments:
Post a Comment