
Oh dear, I didn't read the challenge very carefully and we were supposed to make a regional dish and I just made something French. A French baguette that is. Well
Wikipedia says that ”baguettes are closely connected to France and especially to Paris,” so maybe it will do. It actually wasn't very crusty though it tasted quite good. I didn't have the correct tempurature and that probably affected the outcome. I don't know if it was because there was milk in it instead of water but I liked it and will try to make it again. I used
this recipe from
have cake, will travel.
2 comments:
Wow, that looks like a pretty authentic baguette! I hear baguettes are one of the most difficult breads to make so you're off to a great start!
Meg is right -- that was a difficult sprint indeed! I bet it tasted as delicious as it looks!
Post a Comment