
As I am determined to get my UFOs done, I am also going to work on something that isn't really my UFO, but as I did buy the finished crochet squares many, many years ago, my part is to join them together. I'm only aiming to get it finished by next Christmas as they are Christmas colors. I don't want to sew them together because I was hoping to make the throw a bit bigger because there aren't many squares. The only thing I came up with was anchoring them together as is shown at about.com.
I finally got around to asking my ex m-i-l if she had any wool that I could have to crochet them together. When A and I visited there last time, K gave me a bag of yarn. Many years ago she had taken two skeins and wound them together into a ball. Now we had to separate them so that I could use them to join the squares with. We needed A's help as they would start twisting together and were difficult to separate. How many teenage boys get to help their mother and grandmother with balls of yarn?
I wasn't able to start D's miniature sweater because I couldn't find the needles for it. After looking here and there more than once, and wondering where on earth I could have put them (along with my memory!), I found them under the sofa. I will have to make the sweater wider than the one I made for myself because mine won't fit a Barbie.

No comments:
Post a Comment