Sunday, November 12, 2006

Blocking Snowflakes

Snowflake #6 was suppose to have beads but as I don't have any, I didn't add any. It might be interesting to try sometime. I changed the outer points because, maybe because of the lack of beads, it just looked like a blob. I only did one b-picot.


I suddenly realized that I should start blocking the snowflakes so that when they are all crocheted they will be dry enough to send immediately. I used a blocking pattern that I found and now that I have rustproof pins I don't have to worry about rust marks. Last time I used a mixture of white glue and water and painted it on. I had read somewhere that you shouldn't use sugar because bugs, etc. might want to eat it and so I'll probably use glue again. When I blocked them last Christmas I put some cling wrap over the pattern but before starting this set I saw that someone had used wax paper and I'm trying that. I put the snowflakes face down so the glue goes on the back.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

HI..nice that you did take a look in my blog.
I did snowflakes last winter and did use sugar and have'nt had any problems with it.
Now you reminded me that I soon need to put up my snowflakes again ;)