Thursday, April 19, 2007

Reasons To Procrastinate

I tend to procrastinate. But I also have two reasons why my crafts sometimes take a long time to finish. The first one is that if I'm making something for someone else and I have to ask that person something before I can continue, then I don't mind waiting until they get back to me (like N's socks). The other one is a bit more stressful. If I run into a problem, then I usually put it aside and wait until I get some inspiration to continue (which might take years). I had almost finished this baby tube sock even though I couldn't decide if it will be too narrow. I put it aside just because I don't want to think whether or not to make it bigger! I knew that it could sit it its bag until the baby is an adult and having children of his own so I bravely knit to the end. I haven't tied the end off in case I change it. Now I will probably have second sock syndrome only because I can't decide if I should make it wider. Stay tuned.

1 comment:

Frog Stitcher said...

I don't think you would go wrong to make it a little wider, if that's what you choose to do. Babies, on the whole, have chubby legs and flat feet, so because you are feeling some doubt, go with your instinct and make the second one wider. That way, if you change your mind again you'll rip out only one sock, once.