Wednesday, September 19, 2007
AH! (exclamation of pain not joy)
A lost his gloves yesterday! I can't believe it. He's going to check the bus' lost and found but we have no idea where he might have left them. I'm not looking forward to knitting another pair of black (he doesn't want any other colour), though I have the pattern all written down, so it would be easier than the first pair. But still. Sigh.
I haven't been able to knit very much because my wrist, forearm and elbow have been aching. I've put my gloves aside because there won't be enough to make the left glove so I need to decide what size needles to reknit them in and I'm procrastinating. I did start this hat for myself. It called for size 6 mm circular needles which I didn't have, so I borrowed size 7 mm from someone, thinking that with my tight knitting they would be better. Now I'm down to size 4 mm because, though I have a large head, two heads could have fit into it. I'm thinking that I need to go a little bit bigger but I can't decide whether or not to buy 4.5 mm or 5.
I'm attempting to design my own pattern. I thought that this colour would fit the theme of the item well, but unfortunately the design gets lost. I'll have to buy some other colour and try again. I have no idea what to do with this though.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
Are you using twisted stitches with those red gloves your making? That can put a lot of stress on your hands and arms.
Post a Comment