Saturday, March 31, 2007

HAPPY BIRTHDAY A!

My son is 17 today. I can't image what it will be like next year when he turns 18. He wants pancakes for breakfast so I'm going to try cutting up a marshmallow in his first pancake and see if that is good enough for a April Fool's joke. It's getting harder each year to come up with one.


Because I liked how the coffee turned out on my mother's card I tried it on A's card too. I only did the edges because I was going to add some paper to the middle but I did something different. I put the container on the card to weigh it down while it was drying. Changes I made: 1) I didn't do the back of the card. 2) I wet the card with a paint brush (next time color the water with some coffee so that I can see where I've been). 3) I only used the dry coffee granules to colour it (next time crush the granules so that they are much finer and hopefully won't leave blobs on the paper).

And the winner (by way of a random number generator) of a small selection of Finnish chocolate is Busy Mom! I'll leave a comment on your blog because I can't find an email address for you. So would you please send me your home address.

2 comments:

Frog Stitcher said...

Wow, I won. Thanks for picking me. (just sent you an email) I enjoy your blog.

Anonymous said...

Back again! Happy belated birthday to the son! I must try the coffee technique, but here in Sweden, Swedes are VERY serious about their coffee so it is hard to find extra to paint with, lol! My twin sons are 14 next month, they also play electric guitar and they study Judo and something else...Did I imply that I listen to music? HARDLY! On the rare occasions when I charge my Ipod, I will let it play on the computer but other than that, I pray for silence : )